Sunday, December 4, 2022

CHEERFUL GIVING

 

CHEERFUL GIVING

 

  Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. 

  2Corinthians 9:6-8 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: 

 

  All my life I have been blessed! God has given me so much! But I have always felt a deeper blessing when I have given something than I ever felt when receiving something.

  I give to the church, I help the poor and lonely and share freely with all that come to my home, but it will never be enough to repay my heavenly Father for all H has done for me.

  How good God is to have given me enough to share!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928 – 3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment