Friday, November 6, 2020

JAW CLENCHING vesus CHRIST EMBRACING

 

JAW CLENCHING versus CHRIST EMBRACING

  John [MKJV] 14:24-27 He who does not love Me does not keep My Words, and the Word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me. I have spoken these things to you, being present with you. But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

  Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as far as is in you, being in peace with all men. 

  The coronavirus, economic upsets, contentious presidential election, racial strife, schooling issues, close social contact, lack of social contact, and more have resulted in “jaw-clenching, teeth-grinding” (OW-H today) stress-induced jaw-pain, headaches, broken teeth, and sleep deprivation. I’m sure to the dismay of most dentists, but with a minority shouting hooray.

  Dental technicians can usually repair teeth, but unless they’re outspoken about God’s Word on the topic of stress versus peace, they cannot direct people to His relief.

  Though not a dentist, I’m one of God’s John 1:12 family pointing people to His Way of peace.

  First, let us remember that to us a Child was born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isa.9:6) is not an isolated holiday matter. And that the Prince, God’s only begotten Son (Jn.3:16, God Incarnate (Jn.1:1), provides peace beyond and above any that this world can offer! (Jn.14:27; 16:33) However, to acquire His peace requires accepting/trusting Him. God absolutely provides. We decide, or not.

  There is not enough space in this brief Daily Thoughts, so I’m recommending the most comprehensive on the topic Word-filled books I’ve read thus far. STRESS, How to Cope at the End of Your Rope and HOPE, The Anchor of Your Soul. Both are inexpensive easy reading 96 pages by Biblical counselor June Hunt.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment