Thursday, December 3, 2020

CLOISTERING BENEATH A BUSHEL

 

CLOISTERING BENEATH A BUSHEL

  Jesus is the light of the world, declaring “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. … As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.“ (Jn.8:12; 9:5)

  This same light he passed into those trusting Him, saying to His disciples, “Ye are the light of the world.” (Mt.5:14a; also note 1Cor.3:16)

  Jesus continued by saying that we are not to hide the light. We are to shine forth as beacons glorifying out Father. (Mt.5:15-16)

  As warned in Paul’s letter to the Thessalonicans, it is however possible for Christians to suppress the light. 1Thes.5:16-22) How so?

  I testify of 3 ways from my own historic actions:

·         Under certain circumstances, like Peter, being a closet Christian.

·         Times when I went along to get along.

·         Cloistering: Gravitating to and primarily associating with those of agreeable like belief religiously and politically. Doing so being contrary to Jesus’ example.

  During this time of popular enjoyable lighting, let’s be God’s lights . . . even if not popular or enjoyable.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment