Monday, December 7, 2020

I DON'T CHEW

 

I DON’T CHEW

  Proverbs [GW] 27:17  As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens the wits of another. 

  John Chapter 16 … I am telling you the truth: It's good for you that I'm [Jesus] going away. If I don't go away, the helper [Holy Spirit] won't come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. He will come to convict the world of sin, to show the world what has God's approval, and to convince the world that God judges it. He will convict the world of sin, because people don't believe in me. He will show the world what has God's approval, because I'm going to the Father and you won't see me anymore. 

er be used. There is the gift of speaking in other languages, but it will stop by itself. There is the gift of knowledge, but it will no longer be used. 

  1Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.

  James 5:16  So admit your sins to each other, and pray for each other so that you will be healed. Prayers offered by those who have God's approval are effective. 

  “I don’t smoke, drink, chew, or run with women that do!” was once a declaration of Christian identity for some. Personally believed but some, a quaint summary by others, but hardly approaching Philippians 4:13. The point being that there’s more than “I don’t chew” involved in Romans 12:1-3 worship and public testimony.

  Yesterday I was again reminded of this. God’s Holy Spirit ever the trainer, He often using fellow travelers to school us.

  I laughed when I viewed the darkly humorous cartoon on Facebook, and while still snickering hit “Share” sending it to my many FB friends.

  I soon received a “Surprised at you Granpa” chastising response. (To chastise is not judgementalism. It is with the goal being healthy correction.)

  Immediately I considered my reason for the action. It being my youthful peer conditioning. We boys enjoying repeatedly singing macabre songs. Portions of which contained “Lizzie Borden took an axe, gave her mother 40 whacks …” and another “The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out. They play pinochle on your snout …”

  A reason, yes, but certainly not an excuse.

  Thank you Lord. Thank you Amber.

EBB4

   

No comments:

Post a Comment