Wednesday, January 12, 2022

DETOURING FROM SUCCESS

 DETOURING FROM SUCCESS

“… I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for well-being, and not for calamity, in order to give you a future and a hope. When you call out to me and come and pray to me, I'll hear you. You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart.” (ISV Jer.29:11-13)

"[Jesus explained] Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened for you. Because everyone who keeps asking will receive, and the person who keeps searching will find, and the person who keeps knocking will have the door opened.” (ISV Mt.7:7-8; also note Rev.3:20)

  I know my, our, as Christians greatest goal should be to discern and implement serving God. (Rom.12:1-3) King Solomon lamented this dilemma, declaring "Utterly pointless," says the Teacher. "Absolutely pointless; everything is pointless. What does a man gain from all of the work that he undertakes on earth? A generation goes, a generation comes, but the earth remains forever. The sun rises, the sun sets, then rushes back to where it arose. The wind blows continually—southward, then northward, constantly circulating—and the wind comes back again in its courses. All the rivers flow toward the sea, but the sea is never full; then rivers return to the headwaters where they began. Everything is wearisome, more than man is able to express. The eye is never satisfied by seeing, nor the ear by hearing.“ (ISV Eccl.1:2-8) and in the end deciding “Let the conclusion of all of these thoughts be heard: Fear God and obey his commandments, for this is what it means to be human. For God will judge every deed, along with every secret, whether good or evil.” (ISV Eccl.12:13-14)

  Brother Dave West via illustration candidly shares that he has the problem of distraction. Is he alone in this? It may not be INTERNET chasm sinkhole for you or me, but [___________].

 

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment