Monday, June 27, 2016

FORGETFUL ME

FORGETFUL ME
Monday, June 27, 2016

Isaiah [ESV] 11:1- There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. And his delight shall be in the fear of the LORD. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the belt of his loins. The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. …
1Timothy [ESV] 4:4-6; 2Tim.2:7-15 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer. If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed. … Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything. Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself. Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

  Don’t know about you but I must be reminded of what God expects of me. For this reason I reread Scripture, theology, participate in a Sunday School class, do my best to hear what Pastor and others are communicating. Pastor Bob’s Sunday sermon reminded me of things. No revelation but important precepts that I must be reminded of.
  Sometimes it is not at all a theological discussion or homily that reminds. At times it’s an unexpected momentary occasion. Saturday morning was just such an event.
  It was grandson Michael’s birthday party celebrating his completing year 8 in this life. Grandson Ian and I were asked to come early to assist in setting up. I was assigned a task and began. As I was assembling the decoration my right arm and hand “essential tremor” set to dancing as it typically does when I grip something. Unknown to me Michael saw it ran over and embraced my arm saying “Don’t worry, I’ll stop it PopPop!”
  I again was well reminded of love, loving, loved . . .

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment