Friday, September 4, 2020

FORTUNATE CHILDREN

 

FORTUNATE CHILDREN

  Psalm [MKJV] 32:8-9 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you, My eye shall be on you. Be not like the horse, or like the mule, who have no understanding, whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, so that they do not come near you. [For good reason as a novice I chose these as my life verses.]

  1Corinthians [ESV] 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 

  Ephesians (KJV) 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 

  … whom the Lord loves He chastens, and He scourges every son whom He receives." If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons, for what son is he whom the father does not chasten? But if you are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then you are bastards and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh who corrected us, and we gave them reverence. Shall we not much rather be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? … (MKJV Hebrews chapter 12)

Chastise is in 10 KJV verses.

Chastisement is in 5 KJV verses.

Chastised is in 5 KJV verses.

All 3 Scriptural words present the same wonderful meaning: tutorage, education or training by disciplinary correction; instruction, nurture.

  I was a fortunate child. Though at the time I thought the parental actions punishments, in maturity I realized they were chastisements with my family’s goal being character building for the better.  God’s John 1:12 children are fortunate in that we are chastised by All-wise Jehovah, our Father. Resting in this knowledge provides worshipful peaceful character that pleases Him. (Rom.12:1-3) And is the delightful way to walk upright instead of uptight!

EBB4

 

PS. For those desiring further study on the topic I suggest searching out “rest” in Hebrews. Then prayerfully considering in context and cross referencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment