Sunday, July 4, 2021

UNTO THE HILLS

 UNTO THE HILLS

My Help Comes from the Lord. A Song of Ascents. I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. (KJV Psalm 121:1-8)

  If you read today’s Scripture reference in KJV, go read it again in NIV or your favorite contemporary English version.

  We are not to look to high places (Idol worship including “Mother Nature”.) to find help!

  A friend and I have been to the beautiful hills in southeast Missouri. It is lovely foliage, especially in the spring. Yellows, pale green, orange and red. The dogwoods, redbuds and wild plum trees blooming among the other trees is a breath-taking sight.

  We repeatedly thank God for His beautiful creation, and when we had some close calls on the highways, it was God to whom we turned to for protection. I will always look to Him for help!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment