Monday, January 11, 2021

GOD'S PEACE

 

GOD’S PEACE

  John 14:27 [Jesus said] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

  1Corinthians [MKJV] chapter 12 … But the one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing separately to each one as He desires. …

  I do not see God’s peace as a promise. Jesus did not promise peace, He pledged, empowered and does provide peace; a reality that may be presently gained and lived. Philippians 4:4-13 and 1Peter 5:6-11 are two passages that explain how to gain and maintain this peace, if God’s provision is taken to heart; as with so many other choices in Scripture, God providing, we choosing for or against. (Inert is against.)

  I share an experience of wondrous peace, loss of peace, and regaining peace that included the lesson of 2Timothy 2:15-16; 3:16-17: Trusting Jesus as Redeemer at age 27 I was nonetheless an excited fragile novice witnessing of His Truth. Then along came Charismatic Larry, he asking me if I spoke in tongues? I did not. Larry explained that until I spoke in tongues I had no evidence of the indwelling Holy Spirit, therefore I was not really saved. I was overwhelmed with fear. My peace was gone! I had never been so afraid in all my life!! When I arrived home at 1pm after my work shift Ann knew something was wrong, but being of the other gender I said I didn’t feel well, which I didn’t.

  The next day at first break I sought out Bud Bond, the Christian that had patiently explained salvation to me. He being a wise older believer did not respond “Don’t listen to Larry, he’s stupid.” As he and other elders schooled me, Bud never spoon fed. He gave me a Scripture reference to read, responsibly consider, and get back to him when I could.

  I read 1Corinthians 12:1-31 and the answer is so simple! And my consciousness of God’s peace returned, but it wasn’t just the regained peace that day. Thanks to Bud Bond’s submission to God’s Way I gained a wonderful learning and teaching method.

EBB4

PS. Larry was disappointed in me as I didn’t see things correctly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment