Sunday, January 10, 2021

SEPARATE

 

SEPARATE FROM THE WORLD

  2Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 

  Philippians 2:13-16 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 

  Several years ago my husband and I stopped to meet some new neighbors that had moved into our community. All the girls were wearing identical pale blue dresses and little white caps that covered their hair. We introduced ourselves and invited them to come to our home and pick apples that were going to waste. Next morning three mothers and several children came. That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. That family has moved away and so have I, but I still keep in touch with that mother and girls.

  How do I know my friends are Christians? It is not because of how they dress! It is because of how they live their lives for Christ!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment