Sunday, April 25, 2021

A PLAIN PATH

 A PLAIN PATH

  My friend and I had driven over 200 miles to visit her brother’s grave. At the edge of the cemetery the pavement ended, so the choice was to retrace your steps or take the gravel road. Since it was my car I opted for the “shorter” route --- the gravel road.

  WRONG CHOICE!

  The road became narrower and narrower! In some places it was covered with water. In others it was badly washed out from the recent rains. It was too narrow to turn around and too far to back up so we kept going. We finally made it back to a good road after miles of cautiously driving rough miles of curves and hills.

  I was reminded of Psalm 27:7-11. “Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.“, especially verse 11.

  When we try to take short cuts in life and wander away from God’s solid pathway, we wind up with problems and stress!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment