Thursday, October 21, 2021

MENTAL HEALTH: THE TRIAD

 MENTAL HEALTH: THE TRIAD

John 14:27 [Among His last words, Jesus declared] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

  I repeat, optimizing mental health involves body, soul, and spirit. The spiritual being far more than an equal third, if grounded in the Word living (Jn.1:10 and written (The Bible, Jn.17:17; 1Thes.2:13). For sans the Word we walk contrary to He who made and sustains us. (Gen.1:26; Jn.1:1-4; Col.1:15-17; 3:17)

  The Word provides for renewing our mind (Rom.12:1-2) and our soul (Ps.23:3; 2Tim.1:7; 1Pet.5:7), if we so allow.

  This I initially did not learn without being a resistant. (Ps.32:8-9)

  A personal physical example is me as a diabetic, initially hypo, then hyper.

  Without spiritual mental/emotional submission my body suffers. When my body suffers it adversely effects spirit and soul. A circular event until interrupted by discipline forced or agreed upon. Or death.

  Consider Elijah. (1Kin.19) Obedient to Jehovah unto victory, his mental health suffered. Fearfully he fled and wished for death. What did God do? The physical initially, feeding him and provided time for rest-oration. Once recharged, God gave Elijah encouragement, a new purpose . . . and an assistant. Pastor Don McKnight taught “Come apart lest you come apart”, something I didn’t hear then.

  Also note Jonah’s angry depressed mental state apart from being in synch with God.

  God knows us most of all. Satan observes us well. Considering Romans 12:3, comparatively how well do we know ourself?

  Tomorrow we will look at some effective mental health tips provided by the Word.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment