Sunday, June 19, 2022

LOVE OF MONEY

 

LOVE OF MONEY

 

There is a burden of care in getting riches.: fear in keeping them, guilt in abusing them, sorrow in losing them, and a burden at last to be given concerning them” Matthew Henry

 

  “Riches” have never been, and will never be, a problem for me.

  Hugh and I never made a lot of money and we certainly didn’t save a lot. We have always had a lot of company, fed them freely, and helped those that needed help.

  A new friend asked me how I could do so much on my limited income. I told her I spend on what pleases me, helping others. I don’t buy fancy clothes. I don’t smoke or drink. I don’t go on tours or to plays, music shows etc. I enjoy home and having friends around my table.

  I hope that when it comes time for me to give account to God for what he has given me that it will be pleasing to Him.

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928 – 3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment