Wednesday, January 4, 2023

JHON 3:16

 

JOHN 3:16

 

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

 

  Is John 3:16 the most familiar and quoted and claimed verse from God’s Word (the Bible)? I suspect so.

  But exactly what does the critical hinge-point word “believe” mean?

  Looking at the Greek we learn: Strong’s G4100 πιστεύω; pisteuō; pist-yoo'-o

From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.  Total KJV occurrences: 248

  To give further insight I share from my life:

·      I believe Jimmy Hoffa was a real person. I met him and refused to shake his hand because I did not believe in Jimmy Hoffa.

·      I believe Joe Biden is our president. I do not have faith in, upon, or with respect to, that is, credit; by implication to entrust my well being in him.

·      In the Fall of my 27th year I believed, put my faith in, upon, or with respect to, that is, credit; and thereafter entrusted my life here and eternally. Prior to that moment I believed in God, but did not trust him personally. I was born-again (Jn.3:3) and from that moment began to think and act differently (Rom.12:1-3; 2Cor.5:14-21; Col.3:1-17) following the John 1:1 Word/word.

·      Now I live in blessed assurance, something Jimmy Hoffa could never provide and something Joe Biden will never provide.

  And in whom or what do you believe for the blessed assurance of everlasting life?

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment