Friday, November 30, 2018

THINKING BIBLICALLY Friday November 30, 2018


THINKING BIBLICALLY Friday, November 30, 2018

John [ESV] 15:5  I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

  Everyone has a worldview! Again, what is a worldview? It is our composite personal beliefs by which we interpret and judge reality and act accordingly. Put another way, a person’s worldview shows in their purpose in life. For instance: If we believe the world (or their family) owes us a living we will act accordingly expecting largesse, reacting in resentment if not received. Or if believing living should always be fun, then so do we strive in planning and doing. I’m sure that when candid we know of these attitudes in ourselves and by observing (or loving) others.
  Drug addicts do not set out to be addicts. They have other than a Biblical worldview that influences and determines their lifestyle. I have been blessed in seeing some of them submissively acquire a life-changing Biblical worldview with sobriety opening healthy opportunities.
  I’ve been blessed in observing seriously angry men learn of and submit to a Biblical worldview and gain a reasonable demeanor.
  Ann had seen women walk away from a sordid lifestyle when they developed a Biblical worldview.
  In denial of our need for a life-altering Biblical worldview we may say “But we are not those people.” and temporarily fool ourselves. I pray that I/we do not do so for the façade will not stand before the Lord’s scrutiny. (Heb.9:27)
  Personally shouldn’t we confess with Paul that though “I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.” (ESV 1Cor.4:4-5)
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment