Wednesday, November 28, 2018

THINKING BIBLICALLY Wednesday November 28, 2018


THINKING BIBLICALLY Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Romans [ESV] 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

  One of the books I’m presently reading is THINK BIBLICALLY, done by the Master’s College faculty with John MacArthur as the general editor.  Why am I reading yet more writings on the topic? Because though my worldview is Christ-centered and Bible-based I am not yet mature enough in this area and know that my Lord and Paul said seeking maturity is an ongoing lifetime endeavor! (Mt.5:48; Rom.12:1-2; 2Tim.2:15)
  At the center of Biblical worldview studies is Romans 12:2, without which the understanding submissive implementation of there is no such worldview held. Indeed it is quite possible to read and quote God’s Word and yet not attain or hold to a Biblical worldview. (2Tim.3:7) It is even possible to donate in many ways and yet not hold a Biblical worldview. (Hos.6:6; Mt.7:22-24; Epistle of 1st John, Hebrews) This I know and the conviction motivates me.
  In the days ahead I’ll be sharing personal reminders from THINK BIBLICALLY, first of all upon me, and then with you.
To serve Him all our days,
EBB4

PS. One of my early Christian mentors warned me that too often we sacrifice our convictions on the altar of convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment