Sunday, June 7, 2020

I WANT TO LOOK MY BEST


I WANT TO LOOK MY BEST

2Corinthians 5:4-8 For we that are in this tabernacle [physical body] do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 

  She was 82 and blind. Her heart was failing and she was on oxygen. As I bathed her frail body that morning and got her ready to go to the nursing home neither of us knew it would be her last day on earth. She asked what she should wear., and I told her that her gown and robe would be just fine. She responded, “But I want to look my best!” Fourteen hours later her soul slipped quietly away.
  She was my beloved mother and I know that when she stood before her Heavenly Father she looked her best. She had lived a life that I know was pleasing to Him. I, too, try to live so that when I stand before Him I will look my best.
Leslie Nivens

PS. Leslie E. Nivens, 91, moved on to her Father’s place on Sunday, March 1, 2020 while living at Spring River Christian Village in Joplin. Leslie was born December 12, 1928 in Diggins, MO to Leslie L. and Ruth “Templeton” Reagor. Leslie was a resident of Carthage since 1996. She was a registered nurse and was employed by the Missouri State Rehabilitation Center in Mt. Vernon, MO and McCune Brooks Hospital in Carthage. A tiny woman. A gently bold spiritual giant. Though I was in her presence no more than 10-15 minutes while traveling a few years ago, Leslie continues as a blessing to me and others. EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment