Wednesday, November 24, 2021

A BRIEF STUDY IN CHRISTIAN IDENTITY

A BRIEF STUDY IN CHRISTIAN IDENTITY

  As a professing Christian, how do you clarify your identity for self and others? By ancestry? Being American born? The church you participate in? The denomination you belong to? Or maybe by your favorite TV evangelist?

  I have, upon request, a “WHO AM I IN CHRIST?” study file with 40 answers with supporting Bible passages, but today I’m sharing just two. A sufficient pair of markers to rejoice in, use to explain to others, or to see you are lacking eternal family membership and/or service position therein.

·         I am God’s child. An authorized family member. Jn.1:12-13 “But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.” 1Cor.12:27 “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”

·         I am a holy saint. Phil.4:21 “Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me greet you.” (Act.9:13; Rom.16:2; 1Cor.1:2; Eph.4:12; 5:3)

  I pray that by this knowledge from God’s Word that you are blessed and edified.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment