Sunday, July 10, 2022

WAIT UPON THE LORD

 WAIT ON THE LORD

James 1:3-6 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. (Note Isaiah 30:41)

  I was 25 when Hugh and I were married. I had always wanted to be a “mother” so I was bitterly disappointed when months and years went by without my becoming pregnant. I continued to pray for a child and after 5 years God answered my prayers. We were able to adopt a beautiful baby boy. I continued to pray and wait. Two years later God answered my prayers again and I had a sweet baby girl.

  How good God is!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928 – 3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment