Friday, June 21, 2013


DO YOU MIND?
Friday, June 21, 2013
 
1Corinthians [MKJV] 13:1-13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I have become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have prophecies, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so as to move mountains, and do not have charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I give out all my goods to feed the poor, and though I deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, I am profited nothing. 4 Charity has patience, is kind; charity is not envious, is not vain, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave indecently, does not seek her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil. 6 Charity does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth, 7 quietly covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Charity never fails. But if there are prophecies, they will be abolished; if tongues, they shall cease; if knowledge, it will be abolished. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when the perfect thing comes, then that which is in part will be caused to cease. 11 When I was an infant, I spoke as an infant, I thought as an infant, I reasoned as an infant. But when I became a man, I did away with the things of an infant. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall fully know even as I also am fully known. 13 And now faith, hope, charity, these three remain; but the greatest of these is charity [mature benevolent love].
 
  Grandson Michael is 5 years old now. I asked him what it felt like to be 5. With conviction in his voice, he seriously explained “Older!”  Today is the first day of summer. Do we feel differently?

  Age and season as calendar items we have absolutely no control over.

  Age and season as mentally framing our life is definitely in our control.

  We expect 5 year olds to picture much of life immaturely. We do not expect adults to frame life childishly, but we too often or even consistently participate, even with drama reigning from birthday to birthday and season to season. Sadly, once accustomed to melodramatic living, without theatrical we may not feel alive; incapable of living in true peace that Biblical maturity provides.

  God alone provides perfect peace, but not without our qualification. Trusting Him for eternal redemption (Rom.10:9-11), His guarantee of heaven forever with Him (Heb.7:25), qualifies us for opportunity to receive any or all His additional blessings (Lk.11:11-13). Blessings do however require qualification: “Blessed is the man who has not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, and has not stood in the way of sinners, and has not sat in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is only in the Law of Jehovah; and in His Law he meditates day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivulets of water that brings forth its fruit in its seasons, and its leaf shall not wither, and all which he does shall be blessed. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For Jehovah knows the way of the righteous; but the way of the ungodly shall perish.“ (MKJV Ps.1)

  To live without God’s true peace is wickedness that leaves us as chaff blown about by the gales of life.

  If we responsibly maturely keep our mind on Him, this will not be our days or weather; we will enjoy His perfect peace. (Isa.26:3)  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment