Tuesday, December 31, 2013

SKATING THRU LIFE


SKATING THRU LIFE
Tuesday, December 31, 2013

  Awoke with words and music of I’ve Got A Brand New Pair Of Roller Skates playing in my head. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiM9r_H6sqw / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvIjQSFLb3U )   Then I recalled Look What They’ve Done To My Song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvIjQSFLb3U )
Then I recalled God Bless Robert E. Lee, the Ballad of Ira Hayes, Love Me Tender ….
  I laugh. I cry. I can’t remember the last time I heard most of these songs, probably when they were popular decades ago.
  Why does my mind work this way, at times bringing forth long forgotten memories? Is it loopy old man’s jukebox brain or does it have to do with we never really forget the fabric of life put together by silver thread and golden needles?
  I think it is stitching. What do you think? 
  One thing I definitely do know is we can’t carelessly mentally roller skate thru life. Mental health requires discipline. How about if instead of weight loss as # 1 resolution again this year, we make Biblical mental health our main goal? After the odes and limericks finally fall silent, which will be of the greatest importance?
  I cease rocking and rolling and bring myself to ponder the eternal truth recorded in Colossians, “Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your [Some manuscripts read “our”.] life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.” (NLT 3:1-4) EBB4

Additional verses for the diggers: Pr.29:25; Mt.6:34; Jn.8:32; Rom.12:1-3; 2Cor.10:5; Phil.4:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment