Sunday, February 2, 2014

RIGHTLY JUDGING


JUDGING RIGHTLY
Sunday, February 2, 2014

Luke MKJV] 7:36-48 … one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And going into the Pharisee's house, He reclined. 37 And behold, a woman, a sinner in the city, knowing that He reclined in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster vial of ointment. 38 And she stood behind Him, weeping at His feet, and she began to wash His feet with tears and wipe them with the hair of her head. And she ardently kissed His feet and anointed them with the ointment. 39 But seeing this, the Pharisee who had invited Him, spoke within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what kind of woman this is who touches him, for she is a sinner. 40 And answering, Jesus said to him, Simon, I have something to say to you. And he said, Teacher, speak. 41 There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. The one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 And they having nothing to pay, he freely forgave both. Then which of them do you say will love him most? 43 And answering, Simon said, I suppose that one to whom he forgave most. And He said to him, You have judged rightly. 44 And He turned to the woman and said to Simon, Do you see this woman? I entered into your house, yet you gave Me no water for My feet. But she has washed My feet with tears, and has wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss My feet. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with ointment. 47 Therefore I say to you, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, he loves little. 48 And He said to her, Your sins are forgiven.

  Many are hoodwinked by wolves in sheep’s clothing, wicked lambs promising spiritual, physical, financial, political prosperity and security. And then there’s the blindness that sometimes comes with affection; not wanting to believe and accept the truth about those we love.
  Indeed we are required, if and when free of log jammed eyes, to judge. (Mt.7:1-20; 1Cor.2:15a)
  Exercising Biblical judgment is not for the faint-hearted, the spiritually, mentally, or emotionally dilatory, and especially not for those proudly grounded in self.
  First please understand judgmentalism is not a Holy Spirit gift. It is however a holy spirit mannerism; this latter easily identified by gleeful feelings.
  So what is required when it is necessary to judge?

·         Knowing The Truth so as to discern untruth; equipping to recognize good or bad trees, fruit, and sheep. 1Cor.2:14; 2Tim.2:15-16; 3:16-17; Heb.4:12.

·         Understanding and functioning within our temporal ambassadorial position. Eccl.12:9-14; Prov.1:1-7; 2Cor. chapter 5.

·         A compassionate attitude. Jonah chapters 3 & 4; Rom.12:9; Jam.3:17.

·         Understanding the end hope is always redemption and reconciliation. 2Cor.5:18-19; Eph.5:14-21.

  In light of several rereading of the above, including the numerous references from God’s Word, I am left knowing I have much more to learn and appropriate in order to facilitate proper balanced judgment. Consequently I’ve decided to close today’s thoughts with words of a psalmist as my prayer. I invite you to join me … “Deal with your servant according to your love and teach me your decrees. I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.” (NLT Ps.119:124-125)  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment