Thursday, June 9, 2016

ACCOMPLISHMENT

ACCOMPLISHMENT
Thursday, June 09, 2016

Matthew [ESV] 11:27-30 [Jesus explained]  All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Hebrews [MKJV] 4:9-13  So then there remains a rest to the people of God. For he who has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from His. Therefore let us labor to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of unbelief. For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight, but all things are naked and opened to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

  Everything involves what yoke we chose to wear on any given day or in any given instance.
  Knowing this, at the end of the day I typically exercise asking myself several questions.    
  Some main ones are:
                Whose yoke did I wear this day, mine, or His?
                Did I live in His rest today?
                What did I learn today?
                What, if anything, was accomplished today?
  Rereading old files I found:
  “Yesterday I again assisted in stripping and re-shingling family member’s home and plan on doing so again today. This is an accomplishment for a man in his 77th year that is either spiritually egocentric or a matter of gratitude in still mentally and physically working to help others.
  Once upon a time it would have been egocentric all-about-me. Not being skilled at sports I made labor my game and won at beating others at work. Somewhere along my lifeline God changed this, leaving me (for now) with physical ability, but altering soul agility. When did this latter occur? Like most important changes in my life, I don’t know. I just know for certain that it did.”
  With this, though not corresponding in calendar, I later realized that this is part of the bundle of moving forward in His rest, which is absolutely important accomplishment of His in my life. Thankfully so for the other yoke would have weighted me down at ground level far from rooftop experience. 
EBB4, presently at rest sans ladders and roof walks in 81st year.


No comments:

Post a Comment