Sunday, November 1, 2020

WALK WORTHY

 

WALK WORTHY

Ephesians [CEV] 4:2-7 Always be humble and gentle. Patiently put up with each other and love each other. Try your best to let God's Spirit keep your hearts united. Do this by living at peace. All of you are part of the same body. There is only one Spirit of God, just as you were given one hope when you were chosen to be God's people. We have only one Lord, one faith, and one baptism. There is one God who is the Father of all people. Not only is God above all others, but he works by using all of us, and he lives in all of us. Christ has generously divided out his gifts to us. 

  I never intended on being a nurse, but I am! If you had asked me when I was young, I probably would have told you that I didn’t like being around sick people. The only reason I went into training was because my boyfriend and I were breaking up and I “threatened” him that if we didn’t get married I would go into training. I actually believed he would say, “Don’t do that . . . we’ll get married.” But he didn’t! At the time I didn’t realize that it was part of God’s plan for my life, but that is exactly what it was!

  In nursing I found a perfect way to care for others as God had told me in His word. There were rough places and times when it was hard, but for 44 years I tried to walk worthy of the vocation to which He had called.

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

PS. Dear readers, would any of you like to share a story of how you bumbled into a proper place? Please do so as to bless others. EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment