Wednesday, December 2, 2020

NO HURRY

 

NO HURRY

  2Corinthians 5:4-10 [Addressing the brethren, Paul explains] For we that are in this tabernacle [temporal body] do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 

  Hebrews [GW] 9:27 People die once, and after that they are judged. Likewise, Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of humanity, and after that he will appear a second time. This time he will not deal with sin, but he will save those who eagerly wait for him. 

  I’ve received inquiries as to how I’m doing.

  This morning’s OW-H reports that in the past 9 months 1,018 Nebraskans have died from the COVID virus 38% of them in the month of November.

  Since the 3rd week of February due to cautions public and private I’ve been sheltering with limited contact. A week ago it was discovered that I’d been in close contact with those having the virus. I immediately shifted from sheltering to quarantine so as not to be a possible spreader.

  Next came family urging to get tested. At first I resisted, saying, “Either I have it or not. Time will tell.”

  Then I reluctantly agreed, and felt relieved when in less than an hour the results were negative. Arriving home I discovered there’s an advanced test that’s more accurate. And that my virus contacts passed the first quick test but failed the more in-depth (pun intended) test. With this knowledge I requested the advanced test. I’m now still self-quarantining during the 48+ hour waiting period.

  Either way, like Paul, I’m ready to live serving the Lord, or die.

  The above declaration is not a boast on my goodness. (Rom.3:12, 23)

  I am thankfully boasting of God’s love and grace resulting in blessed assurance.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment