Friday, June 25, 2021

GOD'S PEACE

 GOD’S PEACE

  John 14:27 [Jesus said] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

  1Corinthians [MKJV] chapter 12 … But the one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing separately to each one as He desires. …

  I do not see God’s peace as a promise. Jesus did not promise peace. He pledged, empowered and does provide peace; a reality that may be presently gained and lived. Philippians 4:4-13 and 1Peter 5:6-11 are two passages that explain how to appropriate and maintain this peace. If God’s provision is taken to heart; as with so many other choices in Scripture, God providing, we choosing for or against. (Inert is against.)

  I share an experience of wondrous peace, loss of peace, and regaining peace that included the lesson of 2Timothy 2:15-16; 3:16-17: Trusting Jesus as Redeemer at age 27 I was nonetheless an excited fragile novice witnessing of His Truth. Then along came Charismatic Larry, he asking me if I spoke in tongues? I did not. Larry explained that until I spoke in tongues I had no evidence of the indwelling Holy Spirit, therefore I was not really saved. I was overwhelmed with anxiety. My peace was gone! I had never been so afraid in all my life!! When I arrived home at 1pm after my work shift Ann knew something was wrong, but being of the other gender I said I didn’t feel well. I didn’t!

  The next day at first break I sought out Bud Bond, the Christian that had patiently explained salvation to me. He being a wise older believer he did not respond “Don’t listen to Larry, he’s stupid.” As he and other elders schooled me, Bud never spoon fed. He gave me a Scripture references to read, responsibly consider, and get back to him when I could.

  I read 1Corinthians 12:1-31 and the doctrinal answer is so simple! And my consciousness of God’s peace returned, but it wasn’t just the regained peace that day. Thanks to Bud Bond’s submission to God’s Way I gained a wonderful learning and teaching method.

EBB4

PS. Larry was disappointed in me as I didn’t see things correctly.

Offer: My Eternal Security, blessed assurance, study file is available to all who request it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment