Tuesday, March 16, 2021

NOSTALGIA

 

NOSTALGIA

Hebrews [ESV] 12:12-14 Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, 

and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed. Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. 

  I’m now past eight and a half decades. Liking reminiscing is part of my daily life. Spend more than two minutes with me and I may delight in telling you a tale from my past, the past sometimes being just yesterday. Hopefully you too will enjoy the narrative, especially if I’m able to present it as a life parable with meaning for you.

  Liking reminiscing is healthy. Loving reminiscing is not, for a Hall of Memories can be a ponderous edifice displacing the throne of Jehovah God Almighty in one’s life.

  An old Cherokee proverb sums up the issue wisely, “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” This especially applicable for silver-haired John 1:12 sons and daughters.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment