Sunday, March 21, 2021

THINK ON THESE THINGS

 THINK ON THESE THINGS

Philippians 4:4-8 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

  I get lonely! There’s no getting around the fact. One night when I went to bed the emptiness of the bed hit my heart and I started to sob. For just a moment I could think of nothing else.

  But then I started to pray. I thanked God out loud for everything I could think of: starting with my birth, my parents, my grandparents, my sisters, my little brother that my parents had taken into our home, my teachers, my husband, my children and their families, my friends, the trees, the birds, rocks ------- EVERYTHING! ------- I especially thanked Him for my Savior and all the years I have known Him. I even thanked Him for the little footlets on my feet and the pain that made me wear them. At that point the tears stopped and the peace came.

  You see, at my age I have a lot of good things to think on!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment