Sunday, August 21, 2022

HIDING FROM THE STORM

 HIDING FROM THE STORM

Psalm 32:7-8  Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. 

  Storms terrify several of my friends, but they seldom bother me. I do remember a few years ago when black clouds and high winds resulted in my taking a pillow, a book, and a flashlight and closed myself in a small inner closet. In the closet it was calm and quiet. I could not even hear the wind. After some time I opened the door and saw the storm had passed. There were trees down and a lot of damage, but I had weathered the storm in perfect peace.

  God is my spiritual hiding place where the storms and troubles of life pass over without bothering me. I weather the storms in perfect peace.

  And I thank and praise God for it!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928 – 3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment