Sunday, August 14, 2022

NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE

 NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE

Luke 5:4-5 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. 

  My aunt was killed in an automobile collision and my 2 cousins came to live with my parents and grandparents. One morning my mother gave the young boy a simple chore to do. When finished he asked “Aunt Ruth, I’m done. What do you want me to do now?”

  Mom asked him to sweep off the porch. She said his little shoulders drooped and he responded “Well, I don’t want to, but I will because you want me to.”

  Little Norman and good ’ole Peter were no different than the rest of us. There many times when I’d rather not, but as God wants me to, I will!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928 – 3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment