Thursday, November 24, 2022

INTOUCH WITH THANKSGIVING

 

IN TOUCH WITH THANKSGIVING

 

  Psalm 18:35-36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. 

  Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man [I thinking of the continuing effects of Adam’s distrust.] shall do unto me. 

 

  At the end of September I had back to back vestigial strokes number 12 &13 effecting balance and nausea. While initially recovering, early the morning of October 3 I had stroke # 14, a brain stem clot that completely paralyzed my left side and restricted all bodily movement including taking my voice and more.

  I benefited as an Immanuel rehabilitation inpatient for the rest of October. I am near completing a month of outpatient rehab with another month scheduled (and possibly more).

  The blessings of relationships and recovery continue to be many!

  Among the many things I’ve learned is the important refrain “small victories”. Yesterday PT Joshua taught me that as little as 2 grams of touch would provide balance whether from a person or by touching a structure.

  I add that I believe this includes being in touch with thanksgiving.

 

1Thessalonians [ESV] 5:16-24 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. 

 

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment