Tuesday, September 17, 2013

PREPARED?


PREPARED
Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Matthew 25:1-46

  When in Boy Scouts I was trained to Be Prepared.
  Have you been reading or viewed information about those called Preppers these days? They’ve always been around, with Mormons quietly being the # 1 largest organized group educated in and practicing being prepped for emergency whether weather or doomsday disaster. Just this past week our local newspaper again published list of supplies for short term emergency kit.
  One of these days I’m going to get around to more than carrying belt tool with blade, flashlight, etc.
  This week I received death notices on 5 people I know, one a High School classmate. This is not as unusual as you might think, but a fairly regular event in my aging.
  These obituaries set me to thinking about being personally prepared for termination of this life. I am, but how many of them were? This is not a thought in judgment, but in concern.
  If not prepared according to God’s measure; accepting His gracious redemption, death will not be step to heaven, but to hell’s eternal separation from God and those that were prepared.
  If you haven’t done so already, I beg of you to now prepare for the final event of this life.  EBB4

PS. Additional reading for those interested: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-stockpiling.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment