Friday, February 12, 2016

CORRECTIONS REVEAL MATURATION

CORRECTIONS REVEAL MATURATION
Friday, February 12, 2016

Jeremiah [ESV] 18:2-4 "Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear my words." So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do.
Philippians 3:12-18 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained. Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ.

  I received correction soon after writing about the life-issue of knowing God sees all we do, but as Spurgeon preached, does the knowledge make an actual difference in the way we live? A female family member wrote that the DT title should’ve been PANTSUIT ON FIRE not PANTS ON FIRE.
  Thank you dear cousin for setting me to again pondering maturation!
  I don’t pretend for one minute to be the epitome of maturity, but to God’s credit do claim progress as His work-piece. This is not to say I have been the archetype cooperative bit of clay, for I too have problem pride. Thankfully not so large a lump as once was, but nonetheless an occasionally protruding hunk of my old nature.
  If we are compliant, corrective words bringing the most force to bulging pride are a wonderful life-shaping blessing. If noncompliant we contour our vessel uglier. Corrections reveal maturation, or the lack thereof.
  Again, thank you dear cousin for your bit of wit that lightly pressured me to repeat the blessed Philippians 4:4-8 exercise.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment