Monday, April 24, 2017

THE DICHOTOMY OF JESUS?

THE DICHOTOMY OF JESUS?
Monday, April 24, 2017

John [ESV] 1:1-14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light. The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John [GW] 17 … “But now, Father, I'm coming back to you. I say these things while I'm still in the world so that they will have the same joy that I have. I have given them your message. But the world has hated them because they don't belong to the world any more than I belong to the world. I'm not asking you to take them out of the world but to protect them from the evil one. They don't belong to the world any more than I belong to the world. "Use the truth to make them holy. Your words are truth. …
2Timothy [GW] 3:16-17 Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.
They equip God's servants so that they are completely prepared to do good things.

  Recently I was in a Bible study where pastor ventured the discussion question of Jesus being 100% man and 100% God; How could this be so? Do any of you have a problem with this?  “Ed, do you?” Some participants expressed perplexity, difficulty in understanding the actually of Jesus’ being God and man. (From past decades discussions heard: As opposed to Jesus as Godly man or manly God.)
  I do not. Why not?
  First of all please know that I am not laying claim to understanding and fully comprehending God’s Truth. I am not knowledgeably co-equal with God. I do however have His Word at hand and within sight.
  54 years ago Bud Bond reached out to me in God’s love. After 6 weeks of lunchtime and break discussions I told him I was not convinced. In response Bud asked me why. I told him “I do not accept your assertion that the Bible is the word of God.” The next evening he handed me a copy of TEN REASONS WHY I BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD, by William W. Orr AB, MA, ThB, DD.  Written in the style of Cliff’s Notes it presented 1.) It’s Reasonable, 2.) It’s Amazing Composition, 3.) It’s Unique Completeness, 4.) It’s Unparalleled Teachings, 5.) It’s Perennial Appeal, 6.) It’s Scientific Accuracy, 7.) It’s Fulfilled Prophecy, 8.) It’s Miraculous Preservation, 9.) It’s Transforming Power, 10.) It’s Christfulness.
  Already having been under Holy Spirit conviction for nearly 2 months, I then knew I was at the point of deciding about a book that I had read from age 9 on . . . I knew I had been disagreeing with and rejecting God’s truth; the Word living, Jesus, and written, the Bible.
  Driving home after midnight shift change I trusted the Word and changed from that moment forth. This includes believing God created Adam, then Eve, the reality of The Flood, dividing the Red Sea and the many other remarkable things stated in God’s Word and Incarnate God’s recorded words and miracles, His death burial, and resurrection . . . and that I cannot dichotomize Incarnate God’s wholeness. If I were to do so how now could I not doubt all else God says in His Word? (2Tim.3:16; Heb.1:1-14; 2:1-4)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment