Tuesday, August 8, 2017

CHOOSING TRADITION OR TRUE WORSHIP

CHOOSING TRADITION  OR TRUE WORSHIP
Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Psalm [MKJV] 119:25-27 My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to Your Word. I have declared my ways, and You hear me; teach me Your Precepts. Make me to understand the way of Your Commandments, and I will speak of Your wonderful works.
Romans 12:1-3 I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God. For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Please take time to look up and consider “tradition” in the NT.

“… reading is good, study is better, μετανοέω (repentance) resulting in life application is best for doing so is action of honest maturation that is true worship pleasing to God.” SNAKES IN THE GRASS, NOT 8/7/17

  True worship is that which pleases God. That which He presents through His Word is our provided guide as to what pleases Him. I for one have had to repent often according to God’s Word. The direction of Romans 12:1-3 continues as a central decree for me. One thing I’ve discovered in being challenged by His Word living and written is entrenched religious tradition is sometimes in conflict with authentic worship pleasing to God.
  Recently I became aware that Christmas pageantry, the dramatized plays that I dearly love is case in point: Reading Matthew chapter 2 we see that there were not 3 wise men in attendance. The number is not given. Also note that Jesus was not a newborn. He was up to 2 years old. And the site was not a stable. It was a house, a family residence.
  When did the false nativity drama that I and others feel so sentimental about begin? I don’t know. Do you? The far more important question is when will it no longer be fictitiously presented and supported? Will tradition continue to reign supreme in place of what the Supreme One tells us? Is it not ours to intend to do what is right, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of people. (2Cor.8:21)

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment