Wednesday, August 16, 2017

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES
Wednesday, August 16, 2017

  Being a boy with much outside time in forest, field, and swamp I remember birds galore and pollinators many. As an adult I watched the increasing reduction of. In retirement I decided to put together a collection of bush, shrub, and clover as feed habitat. A good thing I say. And surely the creatures agree.
  Yesterday while delighting in the beautiful Monarchs feeding on my 12 butterfly bushes I decided to pull a few weeds nearby. The sudden sharp pain to my scalp almost tumbled me into the thick stalks of giant sunflowers. Obviously at least one or more pollinators resented my intrusion into their habitat!
  Regaining my balance, I sat, first of all confessing my profanity, then pondering much more significant occasions of unintended consequences.
  Another garden, the first ever came to mind. Eve simply wanted answers, correct? Adam just wanted to be one in enjoyment with Eve. Did they intend to lose their happy home, live lives of personal and family discontent . . . and leave all of us thereafter under the curse of sin?
  Jonah exemplified this. He, under duress finally did a good thing. When it turned out wonderfully Jonah was hatefully furious at the glorious result.
  And what of us? Could we not write a book of our unintended consequences realized? Ouch, personally considering this question stings more than my old pate.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment