Sunday, November 5, 2017

WORSHIP INCLUDES LOVING ENEMIES

WORSHIP INCLUDES LOVING ENEMIES
Sunday, November 05, 2017

   Matthew [GW] 5:44-48 [Jesus explained] But I tell you this: Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you. In this way you show that you are children of your Father in heaven. He makes his sun rise on people whether they are good or evil. He lets rain fall on them whether they are just or unjust. If you love those who love you, do you deserve a reward? Even the tax collectors do that! Are you doing anything remarkable if you welcome only your friends? Everyone does that! That is why you must be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect. (Lk.6:28)
   John 14:15-21 [Jesus said]"If you love me, you will obey my commandments. I will ask the Father, and he will give you another helper who will be with you forever. That helper is the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept him, because it doesn't see or know him. You know him, because he lives with you and will be in you. "I will not leave you all alone. I will come back to you. In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. You will live because I live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father and that you are in me and that I am in you. Whoever knows and obeys my commandments is the person who loves me. Those who love me will have my Father's love, and I, too, will love them and show myself to them."
   John 15:9-12 [Jesus said] "I have loved you the same way the Father has loved me. So live in my love.
If you obey my commandments, you will live in my love. I have obeyed my Father's commandments, and in that way I live in his love. I have told you this so that you will be as joyful as I am, and your joy will be complete. Love each other as I have loved you. This is what I'm commanding you to do. [1Jn.1:1-10]

  Is it an act of worship to love others as God loves us? Yes, plainly explained in the words of Jesus.
  Is it an act of worship to love our enemies, even those who hate us or despitefully use us? Indeed so.
  Our worship is limited when we only love those who love us.
  Truly worshipping God involves a yieldedness in following Jesus’ direction and example.
  Christ-likeness, the emulating of He who lived, died, rose again, and now sits on the right hand of God – for our friend and foe alike, is to love as He loves.
  Lord, convict and help me to consistently worship You as I should! (Rom.12:1-3) 
EBB4


No comments:

Post a Comment