Monday, March 5, 2018

CHRIST-LIKE?


CHRIST-LIKE?
Monday, March 05, 2018

   Mathew [ESV] 10:34-38 "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. [Eph.6:17; Heb.4:12]For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. [Lk.12:52-53]
   John 5:30-31  "I [Jesus] can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me. If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true.

  He being our perfect example we are to be Christ-like in thought and deed, right? I say yes. But what does that all-inclusively entail?
  We could say “Nice”, but was He always so at all times? What of His unequivocal declaration of confrontation? What of His plain spoken message of lost mans’ need for repentance and redemption? What of His clarion call for the followers’ discomfort of denying self? These and more that He exemplified.
  Are we in concord with Christ’s example of word and action, or do we act out some modified more acceptable form of Him? Jesus had but one over arching strategy and He made it very plain: To do the will of the Father. That which for the most part is not comfortable.
  Is our testimony true to the will of the Father manifested through Jesus Christ?
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment