Thursday, March 22, 2018

I AM NOT


I AM NOT
   Exodus [ESV] 3:13-14  Then Moses said to God, "If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?"
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

  Easter season brings reminders of Jesus death, burial, and resurrection. We ponder these things as well we should, for before all and above all Jesus is the eternally great I AM, whereas you and I are not. This a fact even though we often in exercising free will act as though we are. How wonderful is His amazing love and grace!
  My unnatural desire is to grow in faith, acceptance, and trust in Jesus as way, the truth, and the life. To combat my natural bent of egocentric I am, beginning with Exodus I researched and reviewed the Gospel of John presenting His clarification of who He is. For your convenient edification I share with you.

  John 6:35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
  John 8:12; 8:58 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."… Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."
  John 10:9, 11, 25-26 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. … I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. … Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
  John 14:6-7 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
  John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

  I AM sent Moses to men. (Ex.3:13-14) I AM came to mankind. (Jn.1:1; 3:16) Let us not fall to the otherwise trappings of a seasonal holiday.  Let us consider and worship the Risen One, Lord Jesus Christ.
EBB4    Thursday, March 22, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment