Thursday, April 26, 2018

IT'S PRIDE!


ANOTHER WORD FOR PRIDE

  Genesis [MKJV] 3:6-7 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasing to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make wise [Strong’s: H7919; שׂכל; śâkal; saw-kal'; A primitive root; to be (causeatively make or act) circumspect and hence intelligent: - consider, expert, instruct, prosper, (deal) prudent (-ly), (give) skill (-ful), have good success, teach, (have, make to) understand (-ing), wisdom, (be, behave self, consider, make) wise (-ly), guide wittingly.], she took of its fruit, and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 And the eyes of both of them were opened. And they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made girdles for themselves.
Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear Jehovah and depart from evil.

  Hoping to leave no doubt on my part as to recognizing pride, I examined much defining from God’s Word, words that are synonymous with and thereby assist in identifying pride in my life. Consequently I can’t say I am blind to my pride. Then in our generation a new equivalent euphemistic word arose in our age: Self-esteem.
  Is there anything or anywhere in Scripture that has to do with our supposed to invest in building self-esteem? NO!
  Then why are there so many Christian writers penning books and articles on building or rebuilding self-esteem? Browse the self-help section of religious bookstores. And why are so many Christians caught up in reading them?
  One doesn’t have to think too deeply to figure the answer. It is summed up in one topic: PRIDE; the  reliance of depending on our own understanding instead of God’s blessed wisdom; that which is contrary to pride - 1Corinthians 13 charitable humility.
  For God’s child, joining in self-esteem endeavor is naught but ego-centric sinful circle; a winner’s circle not at all, it is a loser’s loop.
  How so?
  Partaking to award self we actually become that much more conscious of our insufficiency; our nakedness. In our nakedness we resort to prideful fig leaf coverup; scheming to obscure our nakedness apart from godly humility while only exposing more to self and others. To compensate on our own we partake again . . . and unless we leave fig leaf loopiness for God’s way we continue to dine at the table that not only never satisfies, but stimulates a voracious appetite that keeps us far from  the nutritious serenity (Pr.16:18) that God alone does provide.
  Hear and heed His proposal: “You say, 'I'm rich. I'm wealthy. I don't need anything.' Yet, you do not realize that you are miserable, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. I advise you: Buy gold purified in fire from me so that you may be rich. Buy white clothes from me. Wear them so that you may keep your shameful, naked body from showing. Buy ointment to put on your eyes so that you may see. I correct and discipline everyone I love. Take this seriously, and change the way you think and act. Look, I'm standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I'll come in and we'll eat together.” (GW Rev.3:17-20) 
EBB4   Thursday, April 26, 2018
 

No comments:

Post a Comment