Friday, April 6, 2018

STILL PONDERING CREATIVITY


STILL PONDERING CREATIVITY

God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. [ESV Gen.1:1a]

  As previously established, we being created by God in His image includes innate creativity. A delightful attribute when properly exercised, detrimental when not. Could we actively be more creative? I believe so. Then why aren’t we? I’ve been pondering two reasons that I recognize and experience.
  One is the matter of order, organization, the confining therein. This includes the contradiction of “We should think outside the box. Set new paradigms.” When in reality order, including politics, the scrutiny of others, the pyramid of management, commonly screws down the lid. Having both observed and experienced this Dilbertism I strive to be a healthy God-gifted contrarian. It is more important for my 2.5 year old greatgrandson to explore and excavate than for my home to look like photos from House & Garden.
  My second ponderance has to do with displacing God’s inbuilt creativity: The matter of our lazily seeking and embracing the creativity of others, we displacing thoughtful creativity with thought-less entertainment.
  And so continues our race.
EBB4   Friday, April 06, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment