Wednesday, October 31, 2018

GOD'S PROVISION VERSUS MAN'S PROHIBITIONS


GOD’S PROVISION <-> MAN’S PROHIBITION
Wednesday, October 31, 2018

   John [GW] 14:27 [Jesus explained]"I'm leaving you peace. I'm giving you my peace. I don't give you the kind of peace that the world gives. So don't be troubled or cowardly.
   John 16:33 [Jesus said]I've told you this so that my peace will be with you. In the world you'll have trouble. But cheer up! I have overcome the world."
   Luke 9:23-24 He [Jesus]said to all of them, "Those who want to come with me must say no to the things they want, pick up their crosses every day, and follow me. Those who want to save their lives will lose them. But those who lose their lives for me will save them.
   Romans 12:1-3; 21 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God's compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you. Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect. Because of the kindness that God has shown me, I ask you not to think of yourselves more highly than you should. Instead, your thoughts should lead you to use good judgment based on what God has given each of you as believers. … Don't let evil [KJV “overcome”] conquer you, but [KJV “overcome”] conquer evil with good.

  God provides peace, rest, and the ways and means to overcome self and life’s stresses. Man, individually and by group frequently ignores or prohibits God’s provision. The lack of trust in His sufficiency makes mans’ erring obvious to those with Biblical eyes. Eve, then Adam erred. The Hebrew people erred. And the march away from God’s gracious provision continues for many as a tragic emulation of our errant ancestors.
  I well know that the opportunity to trust and obey is not a one time altar commitment. It is a step by step effort that honors and pleases God.
EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment