Sunday, August 16, 2020

WHERE ARE YOU GOING?


WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

Joh 14:1-7 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 

  He was just a little boy, but somewhere he had picked up profanity that his parents worried about. His mother finally told him that because his father is a preacher he couldn’t live in their home if he used those words.
  Well, he forgot. He used one of those words, so his mother packed his little suitcase and took him to the front door and started walking down the sidewalk with him. She watched him tearfully take a few steps away from her. He turned, face wet, and sobbed “But I don’t know where the h_ _ l I’m goin’!?”
  Do you ever feel that way? I don’t! Not since I’ve trusted Jesus as my Savior! It’s a wonderful feeling to know that even if I slip up like the little boy, I’m still going home!
Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment