Sunday, January 31, 2021

REST STOPS

 

REST STOPS

Luke 10:38-42 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. 

  Do you appreciate rest stops along the highway as much as I do? And have you noticed how different they may be? Some are just wide places with a picnic table or two. Some are shady. Some are not. Some have nice clean restrooms. Some have none. There are even some that provide fresh coffee or other refreshments, while others have coin operated vending machines.

  Mary and I enjoy the same kind of rest stops. Some of my spiritual rest stops are small and quiet. Others are places of release from worry and grief. Some I use to read and fill my mind and heart. Others are filled with praise.

  Thank God for both all kinds of rest stops!

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment