Sunday, September 19, 2021

MY SON

 MY SON 

Micah 6:6-8 Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? 

  Many years ago, when David was about 16, I dreamed that he was standing at the foot of our bed. I could hear the roar of a crowd outside and my heart broke as he told me, “Mom, it’s time, I have to go.” I begged him not to go and I’ll never forget his answer, “But Mom, if I don’t go a lot of people will have to die.” As he turned to leave I awoke with the heart-breaking realization of what my heavenly Father had given up for me.

  God does not require me to give my son as He did His, but as His John 1:12 daughter He does require that I be just and merciful and walk humbly with Him.

Leslie Nivens (12/12/1928-3/1/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment