Monday, December 6, 2021

FOOLISHNESS

 FOOLISHNESS

Luke 11:28  [Jesus] said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. 

  Have you ever been involved in foolishness? I have, and age doesn’t necessarily bring cessation.

  Recently when I was feeling “unusual” I was obstinate about going to the hospital, thinking it would pass. Loving neighbors were insistent, so I agreed but said I’d drive myself. They, knowing I’d get immediate attention if transported by squad, arbitrarily called OFD and the lads in blue quickly arrived and hauled me to the closest ER. There I did receive immediate attention.

  Other than being appreciative I didn’t think much more of it . . . until I received the monthly health expense accounting.

The squads and ER charges were listed under “Life threatening condition”.

  This led me to a Biblical review on the main topic and its applicability personally:

·         Fools despise wisdom. Proverbs 1:7

·         Being foolish is lacking discernment. Job 5:2

·         Fools invite their own destruction.  Proverbs 10:14

·         Fools show their annoyance (at interferences). Proverbs 12:16

·         I add that a foolish person refuses to admit his foolishness.

  I thank God for His provisions.

EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment