Tuesday, July 2, 2013

ILLOGICAL GOD


ILLOGICAL GOD
                                                                   Wednesday, July 3, 2013
 
            Isaiah [KJV] 55:6-9 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
            Romans [GW] 5:6-11 Look at it this way: At the right time, while we were still helpless, Christ died for ungodly people. 7 Finding someone who would die for a godly person is rare. Maybe someone would have the courage to die for a good person. 8 Christ died for us while we were still sinners. This demonstrates God's love for us. 9 Since Christ's blood has now given us God's approval, we are even more certain that Christ will save us from God's anger. 10 If the death of his Son restored our relationship with God while we were still his enemies, we are even more certain that, because of this restored relationship, the life of his Son will save us. 11 In addition, our Lord Jesus Christ lets us continue to brag about God. After all, it is through Christ that we now have this restored relationship with God.

  A friend once wrote me “…I once studied for four years to be a priest and yet could still not overcome my need for God to be more logical.“

  First understand that when I speak of God I’m talking about I AM THAT I AM (Ex.3:14), The Word (Jn.1:1), the God of the Bible (2Tim.3:16a), my Savior (Lk.1:47); Father, Lord Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit (2Cor.13:14).

  Is God logical? By natural man’s thinking, God is not logical.

  His sending His son to die for this sinner and the rest of you rebellious rascals is illogical.

  His not valuing people for what they can do for Him is illogical. (He doesn’t need us.)

  His loving people with unrelenting agape love is absolutely illogical.

  His not being “fair” is illogical beyond comprehension.

  His redemption undeserved in daily and everlasting living is illogical.

  His sharing operational knowledge and wisdom is illogical.

  His longsuffering patience with mankind is totally illogical. (2Pet.3:9)

  How glad and thankful I am that God is not logical!  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment