Friday, July 12, 2013

TREKKING TO TERMINUS


TREKKING TO TERMINUS
Friday, July 12, 2013
 
                Luke [KJV] 19:10-13 … Occupy till I come.
                John [ESV] 14:1-12 Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know. 5 Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You go, and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me. 7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. And from now on you know Him and have seen Him. 8 Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. 9 Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The Words that I speak to you I do not speak of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works themselves. 12 Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes on Me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these he shall do, because I go to My Father.
               Romans [ESV] 12:1-2 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
 
  Life is far less comfortable when thinking with end-product sacrificial lifestyle changes; much more so when status quo is staggered by God’s Word and His Holy Spirit.

  Godly rethinking cannot commence without the first step Jesus described to Pharisee Nicodemus as recorded in John 3:3 “Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (Keep in mind that much of Nicodemus life involved religious education, educating, discussion, debate, and personal thought.)

  In response to Nicodemus’ condescending retort Jesus told him all belief apart from His Spirit is humanist failure in sight and step. And that in remaining in lost condition individuals cannot possibly see present and eternal kingdom path. (Jn.3:1-21)

  God never said there is not wisdom in this world. There is however a distinction between God’s pure wisdom and worldly wisdom, and our “faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.” (1Cor.2:5)

  An example to consider is the idea that the journey is more important than the destination. (A saying credited to or taken credit for by numerous people.) Then there are those believing the destination is more important than the journey -- What’s with travelling if you never arrive?

  Which is absolute wisdom? Some say it depends on where you’re going. Others tout it be contingent on individual’s (inner child?) personal needs. One witty friend commented on efforts to “Find myself.” is like a cat endlessly chasing its tail.

  The only one absolute wisdom is found in God’s Word. It is not however as easily seen as “Thou shalt not steal.” Hence the descriptive labor term “workman” in 2Timothy 2:15.

  Using the journey <> destination wise sayings as example: As born-again follower-of-Christ reading, pondering, applying the whole counsel of God we discover that clearly knowing and seeing our eternal destination enriches our present journey.

  I pray my thoughts this day make your trip meaningful His Way.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment