Sunday, August 25, 2013

APPLICATION QUESTION


APPLICATION QUESTION
Sunday, August 25, 2013

James [MKJV] 1:21-25 … putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man studying his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he studied himself and went his way, and immediately he forgot what he was like. 25 But whoever looks into the perfect Law of liberty and continues in it, he is not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work. This one shall be blessed in his doing.

  As you readers know, we just completed 3 week study on God’s provision for strength. It is my 3rd, possibly 4th, time of considering and rewriting the series. For me it was a time not just as penman, but serious contemplation and examining my relationship with Lord Jesus Christ and all others.

  Central to said pondering and consideration is the question of application; Now that I know or have been reminded of, what am I supposed to do with the knowledge?

  Fortunately God’s Word doesn’t leave us with “Just do it!” but gives considerable How To direction.

1Corinthians 12:31b thru 13:1-13 came to mind first of all, and I ask “Am I doing things the more excellent way that He has and continues to show me? Or am I no different than the forgetful man described by James?”

  A reflection that I cannot escape is that apart from personally applying His Word, strength is no more than word typed on my PC.  EBB4

No comments:

Post a Comment