Friday, August 23, 2013

QUOTING EINSTEIN

Dear Ed,
 
Hal and other atheists make a mistake by quoting Einstein to support their position.  Their doing so helped me remember that Einstein said, “atheists are slaves to their idolatry of not believing in God”… 
 
  According to biographer Walter Isaacson, Einstein was more inclined to denigrate disbelievers than the faithful.[21] Einstein said in correspondence, "[T]he fanatical atheists...are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional 'opium of the people'—cannot bear the music of the spheres."[21][22] Although he did not believe in a personal God, he indicated that he would never seek to combat such belief because "such a belief seems to me preferable to the lack of any transcendental outlook."[23]   From:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Albert_Einstein
 
IMO Einstein struggled with the facts and one of them was that he could NOT have a “personal God”.  However, he still believed there was a God!  Probably because he was raised in a typical Jewish family, which would mean intense religious training, early in life… resulting in him not having the many lusts that the majority of unchurched humanity has that drives men to their knees.  Einstein had only his pride to contend with… one sin which Jesus actively dealt with in His Earthly ministry with the Jewish Pharisees. 
 
I too was born with a rational mind, a high I.Q, and considerable ongoing education.  However, there are many things I do not understand in electronics.  I have a BS degree in electronics, have done much hands-on working, and taught it in military schools and here in non-military settings.  As of yet… scientists still don’t know exactly how electricity and charge(s) work and how it flows.  We can only teach theory of how we think it works.  Same way with my husband’s degree in meteorological science or “The Science of Weather”.  It is seriously funny when the forecasters, using highly advanced computer models get it ALL wrong.  LOL!   
 
There are many things we do NOT understand and we have to just accept as a truths in order to function in the systems or become fanatical…worse yet become double minded with delusional thinking that we can operate in both worlds successfully.  What comes to my mind is the story of King Nebuchadnezzar, who ends up eating grass (see the book of Daniel) until God restores him.  Or the 2001 movie, A Beautiful Mind.  So in order to keep my mind intact… I must believe what the Bible tells me.  And it tells me that this World belongs to Satan and we (as Christians) belong to God.
 
Can adult “rational mind” accept truths?  16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”  Luke 18:16-17  Read John 20:29  story of doubting Thomas.  29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
 
Dear God… Thank you for sending us your Son, Jesus!  Please keep me humble to Your ways which guide me.  In Jesus Name… Amen.
 
My prayer for Hal is the song, I can Only Imaginehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwzItqYmII
 
God’s blessings IN Christ,
Diane (NE)

No comments:

Post a Comment